About Franklin, MA
Town of Franklin, MA, Norfolk County
Information & Things to Do - Franklin Facts & Lifestyle
The Town of Franklin, MA was founded in 167 and incorporated in 1778. Today, Franklin is a modern and well developed town in Norfolk County with a population of approximately 33,621 residents encompassing an area of 27.01 square miles.
Franklin is well known for its safety, low taxes, strong schools and wonderful amenities that include upscale dining, local pubs and wonderful shopping. Franklin residents enjoy a strong sense of community with annual cultural events, festivals, parks, bike trails and well developed town services and infrastructure. Commuters in Franklin have easy access to Route 495, State Route 140, and two MBTA Franklin Line commuter rail stations.
THE RESIDENCES DOWNTOWN is located in the downtown district of historic Franklin. Through the Franklin Downtown Improvement Project, the Town of Franklin and area businesses have invested over $7.2 million dollars to implement the vision, image and identity of Downtown Franklin. You'll Love Being Home Here.
FRANKLIN DECLARED "TOP SAFEST" PLACES TO LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS - 2018
In 2018, Franklin, MA has been named the 5th Safest Municipality in Massachusetts by the "National Council For Home Safety and Security."
On a whole, Massachusetts’s crime rates are decent. The state places near the national mean in violent crime, with an average of 3.91 violent crimes per 1,000 inhabitants, yet it fares excellently in property crime: only 15.82 crimes per 1000, good enough for 4th overall among the fifty states. Read More...
WELCOME TO FRANKLIN, MASSACHUSETTS
THE RESIDENCES DOWNTOWN gives you easy access to numerous Franklin, MA area benefits, and many are in walking distance from your front door. From your luxury new construction condominium, you'll easily access the Franklin MBTA Station, Dean College and other downtown lifestyle activities. And just beyond Franklin's borders, you have access to amenities in Boston, Providence and Patriot Place.
Learn more about Franklin, MA by visiting the Town of Franklin Official Website and exploring the links and videos on this page. Become part of the Franklin, MA Community; You'll Love Being Home Here.
FRANKLIN FARMS AND FARMER'S MARKET
Franklin, MA offers a wonderful variety of activities, events and opportunities to explore. With parks, recreation, the Franklin Town Common, recreational ponds and beaches, bike paths and more, you'll love being a resident of the vibrant Franklin, MA Community!
When was the last time you walked from your front door to enjoy fresh produce, artisan bread, soaps, pottery, sweets, and local fresh foods at a farmer's market? The Franklin Farmers' Market is less than a mile and approximately a 12 minute walk from THE RESIDENCES DOWNTOWN and is held at the corner of Main Street and High Street at the Franklin Town Common from June through October. The Franklin Farmers' Market features over thirty local farms and vendors offering a variety of fresh and wonderful discoveries that you're sure to enjoy and share.
Apple Picking in Franklin, MA and Franklin Farm Fresh Produce is always a fall favorite, but there's a year round selection of meats, pies, vegetables, fun at Fairmount Fruit Farm on Lincoln St, Franklin, MA.
Franklin, MA Winery
Do you love the taste and tradition of Italian wines? Well look no further than Franklin, MA Winery and family winemaking tradition at La Cantina Winery, only a 14 minute walk from THE RESIDENCES DOWNTOWN, located on Union St., Franklin, MA. Open to the general public, their wines are made from grapes sourced at their vineyards located in California, Argentina and Chile. Visit Lacantina Winery, Franklin, MA on Facebook.
FRANKLIN PARKS, PLAYGROUNDS & RECREATION
Franklin, MA has endless outdoor recreational activities for Franklin residents and visitors. Enjoy community parks and playgrounds, Franklin state forest trails, cycling and "rail trail" walks, town beaches, recreational ponds, fishing and more. Us these links to learn more about Franklin, MA outdoor life and activities:
- Franklin, MA Fields & Playgrounds
- Recreation Department - Town of Franklin
- 16 Walking Routes in Franklin, MA
- Franklin & Bellingham Rail Trail
- Franklin State Forest
- Franklin Town Forest Recreation Trail Map
- Wrentham/Franklin State Forests DCR Map
Franklin, MA Dog Park: If you're like many Franklin residents that love having a pet, you'll be pleased to know that THE RESIDENCES DOWNTOWN allows pets (with some restrictions) in its Pet Policy. Your pets will be right at home in the Downtown Franklin community with many interesting places to walk and play.
FRANKLIN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
Franklin, MA is an ideal commuter location to live, work and play. With easy highway access, an regional shuttle bus service and two MBTA Commuter Rail stations, getting to and from Franklin is always convenient. Explore Franklin Regional Transit options using these inks:
Franklin, MA Education and Schools have always been an important part of Franklin's history. As the birthplace of Horace Mann, known as "America's father of public education," Franklin have a proud heritage of education and development of its citizens. Franklin High School is one of the most well renowned high schools in Massachusetts. Both Ben Franklin and Horace Mann shared the belief in providing a good education for everyone. Learn more about Franklin, MA Education opportunities using these links:
- Franklin School Information by Better Living Real Estate®
- Franklin, MA School Department
- Franklin Public School District
- Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Franklin High School
- Franklin Public Schools Life Long Learning Institute
- Dean College
FRANKLIN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Franklin, MA Economic Development and business opportunities are a cornerstone to Benjamin Franklin's quote, "Industry Need Not Wish..." It's from these industrious roots that Franklin, MA continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit and creative nature that makes Franklin a wonderful place to work and live. Use these links to learn more:
- Franklin Downtown Partnership
- Franklin, MA Economic Development
- Franklin Economic Development Sites
- United Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Franklin Rotary Club
FRANKLIN PERFORMING ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Franklin, MA is home to multiple venues and educational opportunities for those who love live entertainment, theater and the performing arts. Within a few minutes walk from THE RESIDENCES DOWNTOWN, you'll have access to these wonderful Franklin Performing Arts venues:
FRANKLIN ART & GARDEN
Franklin, MA supports art, sculpture and flowers and gardens, which promote enjoyment and interest in visual arts. View our Franklin Art links for more infomration:
- Franklin Art Association
- Thru The Looking Glass
- Jane's Frame's and Art Gallery
- Franklin Garden Club
- Franklin Garden Club - Massachusetts on Facebook
FRANKLIN REAL ESTATE
Franklin, MA real estate is always in demand. As one of the fastest growing towns in Norfolk, County, Franklin real estate values have increased year over year due to the quality of life and easy commute to Boston, Providence and Worcester areas because of superior access to commuter rail and highways. Learn more about Franklin, MA Real Estate values using these links:
- Franklin Real Estate for sale by Better Living Real Estate®.
- Franklin Community Information by Better Living Real Estate®
- Franklin Market Analysis Information by Better Living Real Estate®
- Franklin Insider Tips by Better Living Real Estate®
FRANKLIN LOCAL NEWS & MORE
Learn more about Franklin, MA life, community and more using these Franklin MA News Links:
- Wicked Local Franklin: Franklin News, Franklin Business, Franklin Sports, Franklin Lifestyle
- Franklin MA Happenings on Facebook
- Franklin, MA Happenings is an insightful Facebook Page produced by Franklin resident, Reneta Gilarova who is part of of the Better Living Real Estate® Franklin, MA Sales Team.
- Franklin Matters Blog: Powered by citizen journalism, Franklin Matters is your daily source of information about what matters in Franklin, MA since 2007.
- Franklin Downtown Neighborhood Bustles
FRANKLIN, MASSACHUSETTS FACTS
Learn more the Town of Franklin Facts using these additional links:
- Town of Franklin, MA Official Website
- Franklin, Massachusetts Community Profile
- Learn more about the Franklin Downtown Partnership
- Franklin Downtown Improvement Project
- Learn about Franklin, Massachusetts on Wikipedia
- Town of Franklin Annul Reports
- Norfolk Country Communities, Massachusetts